This month I chose the top 5 drama movies. This list is a little easier as drama isn’t really my favorite genre, but there are some great drama movies. I still chose non-franchised movies to make the list easier to filter as well as a few other parameters. The soundtrack plays a big role as well as surprise plot twists and caliber of acting.
- A Beautiful Mind – I’m a sucker for a biopic and I love the soundtrack!
- Fight Club – I love the twist ending and Edward Norton is amazing
- V for Vendetta – I watch this every November 5th. I just love this film.
- A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood – A recent movie about the power of Mr Rogers’ influence.
- The Score – Another excellent Edward Norton performance with Robert De Niro and Marlon Brando
I have a couple of honorable mentions for this category as well. The Road to Perdition starring Tom Hanks is really underrated and under appreciated; a wonderful 1930’s mob drama. The King’s Speech (another true story) with superb performances by Colin Firth (as King George VI) and Geoffrey Rush. So there you have it, my top 5 drama movies (as of March 2020).
I Have Spoken!